Monday, April 14, 2008

[Xanga] EPIPHANY (shit hits the fan)

Who hated Jesus's message the most?

Who was it that killed Jesus?


Religion.



"If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin." (John 15:20-22)

True followers of Christ are promised the hatred of the world: "friendship with the world is enmity with God" (John 4:4).

If we are really and readily following Christ's example, who is it that will despise us?

Who is them? Who is the world?

Simply: whoever hated Christ.

Not the guilty; not the sinners.


Ought we fear the righteous; may we even rejoice in their censure?

No comments: