Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sabbath

10/18/2008

Saturday10.18.2008

After an extended, surprisingly draining week -
culminating in a difficult and long Friday night - I was
more than ready for a restful weekend. The day obliged.

My sabbath began with a quick trip up to the Premium
Outlets
in Clinton with friends - James, Ray, and Erin
- for some winter shopping.

But that's a story for a different time... you'll see...

After returning from the outlets, James split to do some
work, Erin went off to officiate over a charity soccer
tournament, and Ray and I headed to the new Sushi on
Chapel
for a quick lunch.

We'd heard the place was aiight; surprisingly, it lived
up to the hype.

Image022

Image023

Image024

Image025

Image026

Image027
joints was illin.

Afterwards, Ray and I headed over to Old Campus to
get our prayer on. I was keeping it toast fresh in my
new lambswool 'lo sweater, so Ray donned my Staple
varsity jacket
.

Image028
I do love seeing people get fly.

After kicking it on Old Campus for a minute, Ray and I
headed out again in Erin's car.

Though all my consumer needs had been well met by
our morning stint, Ray still wanted to copp some growed-
up kicks for the winter. In this case - literally - his
tastes and mine differ; for me, Barney's, Niketown,
and Saks Fif' left me copacetic, while he decided to roll
to Target and Payless.

Image029
I miss the face hair. It will come back though, you
know what it is
.

Before hitting Target, though, we stopped by East Rock to pick up
Mieka.

Image030
Devin and Wilbur.

Image031

Image032
SBTG x Nike SB.

Image033
Courtesy of Devin & Wilbur - Mieka scorned their
advances, and Ray and I benefited from the fallout.

Image034
At Sports Authority, apparently a NASCAR driver is
suited for endorsing a footwear company's pugilistic
accoutrements.

After spending a few hours wandering around the
shopping center - including some time spent in the
nearby video game store - we all headed back to New
Haven. Erin and Mieka passed on an open invitation
to dinner to Ray and me, and so, instead of returning
home, we headed off to Tina, Sarah, and Jess's house
for a make-your-own-pizza affair.

Image035
Chopping that raw.

Image036

Image037

Image038

Image039
Joints be too fly, had to look two times.

Image040

Image041
We arrived early: as the pizzas cooked, more friends arrived, quickly
filling the medium-sized apartment to capacity.

Image042

Image043

Image044

Image045

Image047

Image049

Image050

Satiated in every way, Erin dropped me off down the
block and I headed home.

Image051
Joint is too fly. I done been looking for a shawl-necked
sweater ever since the last time Ray and I hit up the
Clinton outlets, but I didn't never find one at the right
time, place, and price point. Mission accomplished (no
George W).

Image053
The last S in the store!!

Image054
What's inside?

Image055
To be revealed...

But the night was far from over; my housemate Nate
and his fiancee Amanda were cooking, and had planned
a movie night with our other housemate (and Nate's
co-worker) Yier. I naturally joined in.

Image068

Image069

Image070
Madd good.

Image071
Yier and his friend joined in.

Image072

Image073
Chea!

No comments: