Saturday, July 19, 2008

Melody Visits (Day 2)

Saturday7.12.2008

Got up early Saturday morning, went into school to
teach two classes, then headed with Melody to
Hongdae, the site of Hongik University, to drop off
my passport for a Chinese visa (recounted here).

1
Graffiti in a Hongdae alley.

10

11 1
Bibimbap for lunch. Mel made me eat. Again.

11

12
XD

13 30
好吧 => Ho Bar.

13

14 31
Street art. Hongdae is a rather artsy, liberal area for Korea, which I
speculate is in great part due to the presence of the University in the
town. As such, there is art scattered throughout the area on walls,
the ground, etc.

14

15 32
No Mrs. Pizza... Yet.

15

16

17 1
A group of three young boys toting their guitars got on the subway
back to Ilsan with us. Utterly weary, they murmured softly to one
another, slumping with exhaustion.

17 2
1000KRW for a waffle sandwich.

17 3
With butter and apple butter.

17
Outside the supermarket. I bought an ice cream,
several snacks, and some soda.

Mel bought fruit, utensils, and a bowl.

18 1pear
Giant Asian pear X Melody

18 36
Giant Asian pear X me.

There is an area near my house whose neon flirts with
the ostentatious even during the day. Composed of two
shopping centers - LaFesta and Western Dome - it quite
boldly defies the night.

Of course I took Mel there.

37

38

39
More enforced eating at a Japanese restaurant.

40

41

42
[No explanation needed]
[or possible]

43
Best slogan ever. One day, when I have the nerve,
my blog will be called More meat Better Taste

44
I took this one of the Colonel, and was inordinately proud of my eye
for angles as well as his jaunty air of respiratory rebellion (or, I
suppose, conformity, in Ko Rea).

45
Lights over crowds.

47
Sign as enigma:
-Is it an O BAR or O girl?
-What is under the ????? ?
-OK? OK what?

50 hanbok
On the way home.

Mel if you buy and wear one of these I will fly you back out.

1 comment:

GrazeChang said...

lol. buy me one and i'll wear it.

also, according to the cabbie who totally ripped me off, OK stands for no rae bang, aka karaoke aka ktv. so that solves part of the enigma. :)