Sunday, February 22, 2009

Living Water Retreat

1/31/2009

Saturday01.31.2008

On the night of the 30th, Living Water took a jaunt
down to Yonkers for Winter Retreat.

The place at which we stayed was a local house-style
church attended by several Yale alumni, including not a
few Living Water alums. Being a house church, our
accommodations were a local estate purchased by the
congregation, wonderfully appointed.

Image016
I loved this joint - drawers be madd personable.

Image018
This clock look straight out of H.G. Wells.

Image019

Image020

Image021

Image022

After kicking it with Living Water for a little longer than
half a day, my parents came through the neighborhood
(located thanks to their Christmas-present GPS unit) and
gathered me up, heading back up to New Haven to drop
off some items and hang out for a while.

Image023
Yowch... I think I was doing pull-ups at Justin's place
and this was one of the results.

Despite an increasingly-sure impeding cold, I was still most definitely
up to roll with my parents out to eat. We grabbed one of my
freshmen and rolled out to a place by which I had passed for years
without ever stopping in. Still, with my constant Chinese food jump-
off closed down (R.I.P. East Melange Express), I was in search of a
new joint - so we dropped by Hunan Cafe.

Image024
Yo the mid-level Chinese place down the street from our house back
in Delaware always had these crispy fried joints w/ orange sauce
waiting from the get-go. We hadn't even ordered and already Hunan
Cafe was up a point.

Image025
四川 dumpling - aiight for real.

Image026
父亲.

Image027
母亲.

Image028
学生.

Later that night.

Image029
Yoonjoo painted this.

Image030
SXR tag - Near Lynwood/Edgewood neighborhoods, New Haven.

No comments: