Friday, December 5, 2008

Visiting Cleveland

11/24 - 11/26/2008

Monday11.24.2008

Sunday afternoon, my parents scooped me up in New
Haven and we made our way out to western New York,
where they had rented a condo for us to spend the
Thanksgiving holiday near my sister.

Monday morning, we made our way to Cleveland.

Image055
With the recent launch of The Clipse's Play Cloths, I
was checking hard for the line's debut in stores. But
regardless, I knew that I was finna go up in
Beachwood Place, simply to drop through Next,
Cleveland's finest streetwear boutique. Homegirl (if
you're reading this, what up girl) pictured above and I
chopped it up for some time about the state of
streetwear, business, and branding. Unfortunately, with
no Play Cloths shipment in-store yet, I had to bounce
empty-handed.

Waiting for my sister to get out of class, my parents
and I hit up a Greek restaurant for lunch.

Image056

Image057

Image058

Image059

Image060

Afterwards, we headed to campus, where we met up with
Tori, and she and I headed to her dorm, where I stayed
until Wednesday afternoon.

Image062

Image063
Some of Tori's friends on the come through.

Image064
Eating in the dining halls - real different from what I'm
used to at Yale.

Image066

Image068

Image069

Image070
Old-school dorm rooms, also nothing like I've been in
at Yale or anywhere else recently... made me feel like
an extra in Dorm Daze or some such.

Tuesday11.25.2008

The next day, Tori and I grabbed a quick sit-down with
the staff members who do for her at her campus what I
do for ours at mine.

Image000

Image001

Image002

As we had planned the prior Friday evening, when he
and I ran into each other at Yale, Chris dropped by
Tori's campus after work that day for a quick bite to eat
and to do some catching-up.

Image004
Homey is on his grind out in the midwest for a year
before returning to Yale to finish a business degree...
real talk, he is making some big moves. When bustout
is ready to expand into the US market I am gon make
sure to holla at Chris for market consulting.

Image005
Diner on campus where we kicked it.

Every night, my sister and her friends on their floor get
together to share and pray communally. I got down with
them Monday and Tuesday nights, and it was a real
privilege to hear what is going on in their lives.

Image006
Tori and her friend Joel, 一位台湾人.

Image008
Charlotte, Rebecca, Tori. Rebecca爸爸住在北京。

Wednesday11.26.2008

On Wednesday, before our parents came through to
grab us and head back to Chautauqua, New York, Tori
went to her last class before break, and her friends
Rebecca and Michelle invited me to go to the nearby
Cleveland art museum instead of just lazing around
their common room.

The following are all some dope Art that I saw around
the joint.

Image009

Image010

Image011
This Art got stunna shades on!

Image012
This Art look like he be getting his Father Christmas
on.

Image013

Image014

Image015

Image016

Image017

Image018

Image019
Swizzords.

Image020

Image021

Image022

Image023

Image024

Image025

Image026

Image027
Reminds me of the last scene in Rocky III.

Image028

Image029

Image030

Image031

Image032

Image033

Image034

Image035
The museum apparently just underwent a large-scale
renovation; entire sections of the building are still
cordoned-off with signs (Fall 2012, Spring 2009)
displaying their estimated re-opening dates.

Image036
Rebecca wanted to prove her height in challenge
against this statue.

Image037
Michelle measured; Rebecca won.

Image038

Image039

Image040

Image041

Image042

Image043

Image044
Theta-Chi, fraternity housing.

No comments: